Fran Funtak, a Vukovar architect, designed a villa below the Streim family’s vineyard at Vučedol. It was built in 1918 entirely of reinforced concrete, a first for eastern Croatia. Since then the Villa Streim has figured prominently in archaeological studies of Vučedol. The villa is a protected cultural monument, restored according to strict preservation standards as part of the Ilok — Vukovar – Vučedol project.
The Streims’ summerhouse, nationalized in 1945, today is part of the Museum property, serving as an administration building.